Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two Peas in a Pod?

I'm probably going to get in trouble for posting this, but yes we watch the Daily Show and I thought this clip too fabulous not to share.  If you want to rant, feel free but please keep it short! I know that this does not in any way sum up McCain's stand on things but it made me go HMMMM.
So because of copyrights the clip was taken off of YouTube. You can go to The Daily Show site and watch it, but it's a longer clip. The part I had posted is 4 minutes 20 seconds in.  If you are motivated enough to go see, feel free, but otherwise save your time for better pursuits! I didn't necessarily like the whole clip, that's why I only posted a small part, but c'est la vie!

8 comments:

christine said...

Love Jon Stewart!!!!

I do think its funny the RNC started shouting out 'change' too. What changes would they make? Haven't they been in power for the last 8 years---to me that doesn't say 'change'. I could say more, but i'll leave my rant short as requested. :)

Shelly B. said...

Oh boy! No comment! :)

Jay said...

My only qualm w/this video clip is it doesn't give us the context in which both were speaking it just gives clips from a whole bunch of speeches. As to Christine's comment I am guessing she is an Obama supporter & we really don't want change if that change is socialism/marxism do we? But, you do live in England so Socialism is a way of life for you I guess. Here is America we like our freedoms.

Roswitha said...

Missed the video clip.....already deleted..

christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christine said...

I deleted my previous comment out of respect for Lori.

The only thing I'll say Jay is that I feel you are making some pretty sweeping negative generalizations that are just frankly downright untrue. I respect your right to have a differing opinion and to avoid causing contention I'm going to leave my comments at that.

Jay said...

Christine I would be more than happy to entertain your comments feel free to drop me an email billygillmore@gmail.com

christine said...

jay I appreciate your willingnes to discuss politics, but I've learned through experience it can bring nothing but the worst out of people. I believe strongly in my opinions as do you and I think its better to just leave it at that.