Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy First Birthday Alexander!

Our little big man turned one today. The time has flown by since he joined our family and I love all the different things he brings to our home.  He is growing and learning so quickly right now. He is wanting to be everywhere and do everything. He loves to help me unload the dishwasher (even when the dishes are dirty), and he has fun helping me with laundry.  It is so fun to watch as he figures new things out and improves old skills.  He is loving being able to cruise behind a walker and he eats almost anything we give him (despite frequently giving him bananas, he won't eat them, and he loves his Rice-a-Roni, I guess he is my son!).  He still throws stuff on the floor, but usually now it's only when I'm not paying attention and he is done. He is talking and jabbering more and more and he loves to dance to music, or any rhythmic sound.  He's trouble and fun, and everything I ever wanted in a boy!
He acted like a pro at unwrapping presents, he had fun discovering what was under the paper that we let him rip!
Here was his cake. It took longer than I wanted to make, but it turned out pretty cute.  It wasn't what I originally planned, but it was fun. He was mesmerized by the light of the candles. 
This is about as messy as he got. It was getting toward bedtime and he ate some of his cake, but he didn't really dig into it.  The rest of us enjoyed the cake and ice cream though.  He was a spoiled boy with both sets of grandparents, two aunts, and two of his cousins here to celebrate with us.  He got so many presents, and I will try to gather them all together and post a picture later.  
We are so thankful for our Xander boy, life is just so happy because he is part of it!

4 comments:

Roswitha said...

What a fun party that was...Thanks for inviting us....Xander I think had a blast....all these people, all these presents, all this fun.....

Emily said...

I love the hat and the cake. So cute! I am glad family was able to come celebrate his big day!

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! The cake is way cute. Hope it was a great day.

christine said...

Holy cow that is some cake!