Yesterday was my birthday, I am now 32 years old. WOW! I had a mostly fantastic day. I want to give a special thanks to my wonderful husband for making my day special. He surprised me by taking the day off work (I should have been suspicious when he was willing to stay up late watching the new Heroes episode), then let me take a long, luxurious bath while he watched Xander. The doorbell rang just as I was getting out of the bath and I came out to find these roses (if you know Francois, he doesn't do flowers often), it is such a beautiful arrangement, the picture doesn't quite do it justice. He did dishes, told me I was required to take the day off (even though I have a million things to do before Xander's party Saturday), made the bed, and just tried to pamper me. Then, I went shopping (not grocery or toiletry, just for me) for three hours ALL BY MYSELF. I didn't find much, but it was nice not to have to try and navigate dressing rooms with Xander in tow. Then, he got me a fantastic ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery. It doesn't get much better than that folks! I had phone calls, emails, and notes on my facebook page. I felt loved! The day was one of the best until after Xander's very short (30 minute) and only one of the day nap. He had a tough rest of the day, but I was happy to have time with my grumpy little man.

Here is a cute retro apron that my mom made just for me!

The cover of the cute scrapbook that many people collaborated on and my sister Tricia put together. Thanks to her and her cute family for the book and to all of those who contributed pictures. I didn't have anything like it and I laughed and cried looking at the pictures and remembering.

This is one of my favorite pictures of me as a little girl. All the pages are super cute, feel free to ask to see it anytime you are at my house.

Thanks to everyone for your love and kind wishes. It was one of my best birthdays yet!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day. Basically every mother's dream...to be able to relax, shop, etc without having a little one to wrestle with all the time. (not that we don't like to be with our kids most the time). Thanks for the babysitting offer..I just might take you up on it sometime.
I am glad to hear that you had a good birthday! Love the flowers.
glad you had a good birthday
What a cute blog Lori! Your birthday sounded amazing, one that any girl would want.
I'm glad you had a great birthday! I am especially jealous of the alone time and the cake! I'm dreaming of Coldstone right now!
You deserved every minute of the pampering....I am so happy that you had such a wonderful birthday....You are the best....
I'm so glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it!
Post a Comment