
This salad is from the Taste of Home 2001 Quick Cooking book. It is really good and pretty fast to put together. It's also really easy to prepare the ingredients ahead of time and then throw it all together when you are ready to eat. I like to do that because there is always leftover when I make it just for us and I can have it for lunch the next day too without the lettuce being soggy. It's a perfect dinner for these hot summer nights!
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 to 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 cups torn salad greens
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 hard cooked eggs, sliced
In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Place salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
It's also good to add a little of your favorite shredded cheese, or some avocado!
3 comments:
That sounds really yummy! I will have to try it..Thanks for sharing.
I am so excited that you posted this. I can't wait to make it. This salad was so yummy!!!
I'll definitely be making this. Thanks.
Post a Comment