Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Belong To Me

So, I am reading this book Belong to Me, by Marisa de los Santos; thanks Swishy for the recommendation, and I am loving it. I read Love Walked In, by the same author recently and picked it for book club, which is at my house next week and everyone better read the book and come! If you aren't in book club but want to be let me know because it's only once a month and it's lots of fun. Anyway, Belong To Me is not at all what I expected. It feels different to me and I am loving it, but it is breaking my heart! I'm only halfway through so I'll let you know if I still love it when I'm done, but I just wanted to share.

BTW, I am not neglecting playing with my family, but my sister and two of her kids went to the dentist and my mom went along to help; my boy and his twin cousin are sleeping, so I have been taking advantage of the quiet, nothing to do time by reading!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I wish so bad that I could come to book club next week. I am going to be at my Mom's house in Utah. Can I borrow your book when you are done. I would love to read it!

Amber said...

Take advantage of any down time you can to read! I wish there was more of it. I didn't know about this book club...I might have to invite myself cause I love to read. I will have to find out the details.

xxxx said...

Oh, I just love, love, LOVE that book! I had the author sign my copy and I kept going on and on to her about how beautiful the writing was. I didn't think it was possible to like it as much as Love Walked In, because I LOVED that book, but I did! So good and totally made me cry.