Friday, August 29, 2008

Five Days of Food

I tried something new this last week, I get the Simple & Delicious magazine from Taste of Home (thanks Grandma!) and they have five days of meals with a shopping list and everything. Every month I think, "Oh, that's a good idea" but I've never tried it until now. It went really great, with a few tweaks here and there. So, I thought I would post a few of the yummy recipes for you to try. I didn't want to post them all in one day so I will space them out, but below you will find the recipe I made last night. I think it's my favorite.  The menu was as follows: 
  1. Bacon Cheeseburger Salad (ok well, I couldn't bring myself to put ketchup and mustard in ground beef and put it on a salad so I just added taco seasoning and did taco salads).
  2. Creamy Spinach Chicken Dinner
  3. Hot Tuna Sandwiches (we skipped this one because the buns I bought went hard)
  4. Garlic Ranch Chicken
  5. Hearty Penne Beef
Ok, so I only officially made 3 of their recipes but the salad was very similar, and I think I would have liked the tuna sandwiches. I'm planning on making this sometime soon. You can go to their site and get the recipes and the shopping list if you get the magazine.  If you don't, feel free to use my info. My username is lorithompson and the password is alexander.  Don't worry, I don't use those for anything else so it's not like I'm releasing secure information out onto the web.  Enjoy!

No comments: