Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Car Seat *@&%#
So, I have to say that car seats are the devil! I know they keep my kid safe and I'm grateful for that, but couldn't they make them a little easier to install? A few months ago I splurged and got a Britax, and I love it. I can move it from car to car fairly easily (it takes me max 10 minutes and that's if I'm moving it from the truck to the Blazer because I have to store the Latch stuff in the cool space because my Blazer is too old to use that fancy technology), but we don't want to have to move it every time we want to go somewhere as a family. So, we decided to try and find a less expensive one to put in the truck, and just switch the Britax over for long car rides. We bought one that had good safety ratings and fairly good reviews and I tried to put it in the truck the other night. I couldn't get the thing tight enough so it wasn't moving all over the seat! So, I thought I will take it back and get a different one. I checked the NHTSA website and picked a couple to check out that got the highest overall ease of use rating. I bought one today and just spent 45 minutes trying to get it installed in the truck. Well, I did get it installed, but there was much inward cursing involved! I have been so spoiled with my Britax, but I still don't want to shell out the big bucks for another. So, I will just suffer and pray that we don't go on long trips often. The moral of the story is: I love my Britax and wish all car seats were as Lori friendly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i'd be so stressed out trying to pick a car seat. its such a decision!
I will have to check that one out. I need a car seat for Crew!
Wow you are good. I have always just gone to walmart and picked out the cheapest darn seat there is. Good luck!! I must be old because I have never heard of the Britax (?)
You KNOW how much I prefer Britax :-)
For the Prius, I couldn't bear to spend the Britax price again, so I settled for a Graco (here's their latest model, but it looks about the same as ours.
Good luck--I remember what a pain it can be. I've always hated using the car seats my sisters own for their kids--hard to use and nearly impossible to figure out.
Post a Comment