Friday, October 3, 2008

Chore Chart?


Ok, so I have been very disappointed with my housekeeping skills lately. Just one week after my house was clean for Xander's party it now is messy again.  I debated taking my video camera and giving you a room by room demonstration, but my pride wouldn't let me do it!  Some of you would say, that's not so bad; some would say, I can't believe you let your house get so bad; and some of you might ask if I am returning to my teenage roots of messiness! For example, my shoes from Sunday are still in the living room, and no I haven't worn them again this week. So, I am debating making myself a chore chart with a reward of something at the end of the week.  How juvenile is that?  But sometimes, those are the types of things that work for me, just ask my husband! Also, feel free to start popping by any time to say hi because that would be a great motivator for me! So, I just thought I would post my goal for Operation Keep Lori's House Clean. I'll keep you updated on my progress. 

5 comments:

Amber said...

Don't worry about being juvenile...I say whatever works! Half the problem for me with house cleaning is just being sick of doing the same chores every single week for the rest of my life!!!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I think that is just what I need! My Sunday shoes are always in the middle of the family room floor. Unless it is my sandals, or gym shoes or.....

Tricia said...

Let me know if you find something that works! I'm struggling with the same problem. I use my kids as an excuse. It's a good one if people pop by unexpectedly ;-)

Christine said...

I am always stuggling with this. Some weeks I am so good and other, I just let it go. It's an ongoing battle.

Tiffany B said...

I kept saying that when the kids went back to school I was gonna get my house back in order.... it still hasn't happened. I need some motivation. Maybe I should make myself a chart too.