Xander, who as an only spoiled child is used to much attention from his mommy, was a little grumpy and clingy today. I was trying to make a treat for our enrichment tonight and Xander pulled on my legs and cried while I did so (he had a clean diaper and a full belly, and I had opened a cupboard for him to freely throw tupperware on the floor!). I really wanted to just hold him and play with him, but it's good for him to know that mommy is not his slave, right? And I had already stopped and played with him, but he just wanted exclusive mommy rights today. Luckily, it didn't take me long and I was able to play, chase him around, and hear his sweet, sweet laugh.
The shining star in my day was a chance tonight to go out without my precious boys and hang with the girls at enrichment. I am so impressed with the women who surround me and their ideas and abilities in all areas. But, I come home thinking.... I need a sewing machine, and crafty stuff, and the newspaper (so I can clip coupons), and more time to search out good ideas on the internet, etc, etc. I really needed tonight, so thanks to everyone who made it happen, especially Hilary and Amber who led our fun classes.
The moral of the story is, just because a day doesn't start out happy and shiny doesn't mean it can't end that way!
7 comments:
I am so glad you are on the Enrichment board and that I have gotten to know you better! You are an amazing person and I have learned a lot from you. Sorry that Xander wasn't to cooperative when you were making the treat for tonight. Just know those Buck-eyes were seriously so so good. So thank you! I am glad you were able to enjoy your girls night out! I need a sewing machine too (but I guess I need to learn how to sew first) I do need to start clipping coupons though. Just one more thing to add to our plates right :)
I thought last night...Lori always goes the extra mile...not only did she bring her cake like she said she would, but she brought those dang good buck-eyes too and I can't believe she dipped each one individually! You are awesome, Lori!
I'm sad I missed enrichment. And sorry I left you alone for scouts on such a crazy day!
Amen! I agree, a bad day doesn't have to end that way. Your treats were so yummy too! I'm so glad I made it last night to visit and snack and get some great ideas for saving money this Christmas!
Enrichment was great, I think everyone who went enjoyed it. There were ALOT of good ideas!
The desserts were all fabulous too!
The way your heading started out reminded me of an old Clint Eastwood movie. (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly). You're probably too young to remember it. I'm clad you were able to go a different direction than that.
Love you all,
Dad
You are such a good momma! I loved your buckeyes!
Post a Comment