Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Photo Adventure!


Once upon a time there was a silly mommy named Lori.....
Today I was going to try to take Xander's official one year old pictures.  Yes, his birthday was a couple of weeks ago, so I am totally slacking!  I wanted to go to the park even though I usually find somewhere much closer (our house). It's cooler this week so I waited until after his nap when it would be warmer, fed him so he wouldn't be hungry grumpy, put his sweater on, and we set out.  I made the unfortunate mistake of giving him his sippy cup in the car, but remember I had just fed him so he wasn't thirsty.  Why was it an unfortunate mistake? 
Well, Xander has this great thing that he does when he isn't thirsty but has access to his cup. He sucks his drink into his mouth and then lets it run out the corners. It's lovely, really lovely. Of course, I wasn't thinking of that when I gave him the cup. It was about a ten minute drive and so, when we got to the park I got the stroller out and opened his door to find him covered in juice.  His pants were soaking wet, his sweater was wet, and I was thrilled!  I, of course, had failed to bring extra pants for him. I have a summer outfit in the car, but no backup long pants. I couldn't even let him get out and play because it was too cold to run around in wet clothes.  We had to turn around and go home.  So, after twenty minutes in the car and wet pants, he was not a happy boy. I thought I might try to take some pictures at home but we had passed the point of happy smiles.  He was so grumpy and crying, crying, crying (I wouldn't give him the camera, mean mom). Maybe Monday will be picture day! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hate when pictures don't work out especially after all the time spent getting the kids ready. Sorry it don't exactly as planned!