Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random Stuff

Old Navy is having their 50% off clearance sale right now. They don't have much warm stuff, but if you want to stock up for next summer they have shorts for $2. I got a few things for Xander, but he already has some stuff, so I only spent $13 (I got 3 pairs of shorts, one long sleeve shirt, and a super cute sweater).

I saw a tip in Parents magazine I thought was so smart. You moms with older kids may know this, but I'll share anyway. If your kid gets scared by automatic toilets (they scare me a little, I mean who like the toilet to flush when they're on it, oooooh) carry post it notes in your purse and put it over the sensor before your child sits down; then remove it when they are done. 

Avocado's are a good source of Vitamin E (this is also from Parents and I haven't verified this but they say that 80% of kids under 8 don't get enough Vitamin E). I love avocados and put them on many things. And Xander usually loves them too.

Book club next month is Wednesday, November 12. We are going to the movies to see "The Secret Life of Bees" at the closest showing to 7 o'clock.  Read the book if you want, or just come to hang out with the girls! 

Xander loves Frosted Mini-Wheats, I put them in my bowl with milk to let them get soft and then give them to him before they get mushy. They are a fabulous source of fiber and iron.  

The apple juice debacle on picture day was all my fault! I didn't put the stopper in the sippy cup so it was free flowing. I just felt like I needed to clear Xander's name.

This post wouldn't be complete without a smile from Xander.  Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Nice tip about the post-its. I generally have to cover the "eye" with my hand, and it's a pain.