Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tagged

Ok, so it's only taken me almost a month to do this, sorry Christine!  She tagged me on May 30! So, here goes:

What I was doing ten years ago:

I was 21 years old, had just celebrated my one year wedding anniversary. I was still going to Weber State University. Marching band, orchestra, and band took up a big chunk of my time, but it paid for school so that's ok.  I was an accounting major and a definite math nerd.  I was working at Convergys taking phone calls for American Express (if you ever have a question about their cards, I'm your girl!) and trying to do homework in between calls.  I was starting to get burned out with school and it was that winter semester that I finally quit going to school so Francois could go full-time.  That winter I also got promoted to supervisor at Convergys and it surprised even me but I really enjoyed that job, but I did get to do spreadsheets so maybe that explains it.  This picture is from about that time, I'm awful about photos and dates and stuff, but based on the hair it's 10 or 11 years ago. 

5 things on my to do list today:

Buy sugar
Make strawberry jam
Play with Xander
Go for a bike ride
Dishes (curse you dirty dishes, you never seem to end!)

5 things on my lifelong to do list (this was the hardest one for me, I don't really do longterm planning):

Be a good wife (cause really it's something I have to work at every day)
Be a good mom (good thing I have some good examples!)
Let my spiritual side out more (lifelong work in progress)
Go to Europe (Francois has 2 aunts in Germany and I'd really like to go see them)
Keep my body healthy (I like chocolate and sweets way too much)

Sweets I enjoy (I'll warn you now, it's a long list) :

Chocolate, specifically dark chocolate or chocolate with peanut butter, chocolate shakes (cause that's a whole different category from regular chocolate), chocolate ice cream. Smore's, Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, and Half Baked ice cream from Ben & Jerry's.  Skittles, german chocolate cake, sour cream banana cake (my friend Tami gave me the recipe and one day I'll have to share it if I have her permission), Reese's peanut butter cup blizzards from Dairy Queen (but it has to be in the chocolate ice cream, not vanilla), pudding (my family has an awesome recipe that is excellent warm with whipped cream on top), cherry cobbler (has to be cherry, none of those crazy apples or peaches), strawberry shortcake, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  
Well, there's probably more, but I'll stop with those. 

Last 3 books I read:

Shut your mouth and wear beige by Kathleen Gilles Seidel (I really liked this one, it was a random pick off the library bookshelf, but I would recommend it)
Beginnings by Kim Vogel Sawyer (the second book in a series about a mother and daughter in a Mennonite city)
My favorite midlife crisis (yet) by Toby Devens (a little language, but overall it was an ok book)

Last 3 movies I saw:

Youth without Youth (Francois picked this at Hastings and it wasn't my favorite, or his)
Bridge to Terabithia 
27 Dresses (cute, nice chick flic)

Places I have lived before:

Idaho 
Colorado
Utah
Missouri

People I want to know more about:

Anyone who reads my blog that wants to!

Oh, and this last picture is one I found while I was digging through photos and I loved it! It's about 5 years ago when the twins I watched were about Xander's age. Darcy and Caprice, I miss you!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck on the strawberry jam. It is always a put do every summer for me. That was fun reading about your past!

Roswitha said...

Isn't fun to reminisce? I can't believe it has already been 11 years....Time flies when one is having fun! Love to learn more about you, Lori....good way to do it.

christine said...

I really enjoyed reading this--thank you. That's one impressive sweet list by the way. :)

Tamara said...

Darcy saw this and said "Lori watched us even when we were babies?!" Fun photo. :-)

Lauren said...

I love the flashback pic! I don't know that I'm willing to put any of mine up,...haha but also the pic of the twins, that was so precious.