Friday, June 20, 2008
Blessings
I was reading my friend's blog and her new twin grandbabies were born on Father's Day at 29 weeks. They are both doing good and it doesn't look like either will need surgery, hooray! But, it made me think for a moment how blessed I am to have a healthy boy who could come home with me from the hospital.
He's grown a lot since then and every day I am amazed at how much joy he brings to our home. We had kind of a rough day today, he seems to be teething again so he woke up a few times last night and got up pretty early (6:45, not too bad) this morning. But, that meant he was tired and cranky when he's usually such a happy boy in the mornings. So, I was about ready to ship him off to Grandma's house (either one would take him in a second!), but he didn't quite fit in the box. It's amazing though, when you stop and consider what someone else is going through how grateful you are for your own challenges. I would much rather have my grumpy teething boy healthy with me, than have him hooked up to tubes in a hospital. So, I am counting my blessings tonight and am so grateful for my beautiful boy and my loving husband; and sending out prayers to MJ and her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for the reminder about being grateful for what we have!
I would have gladly sent you the postage.....darn! Yes, we need to count our blessings every day....the Lord sent us a real little bundle of joy!
Sweet Post. It's easy to get overwhelmed, thanks for the reminder that we need to just step back once in a while and think about all our blessing. Xander is such a sweetheart. I just love seeing his cute face! Wow,29 weeks is early, but that's good news that they won't need surgery. Hopefully they will grow fast and be healthy. I always have a special place in my heart for early born multiples. I was lucky to make it to 33 weeks with the triplets.
From the Grammma of the twins I am so grateful that most babies come at the right time and are healthy and strong like Zander. Even so, God has been very good to our babies. They are doing as well as can be expected. We are getting very attached and see so many blessings every day. Good luck on those teeth!
Oh so true! We are so lucky to have happy, healthy babies. What a blessing. These little ones really do bring so much joy & love in the home. Good luck with the teething!
Post a Comment