Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sunshine and Fun Times!

It is finally warm and sunshiny in IF!  We have been waiting and waiting and finally summer seems to really be here.  Saturday we went to the zoo. It was Francois' work day and we have never been to the zoo here. Unfortunately, Francois wasn't feeling well, so Xander and I went with our friends.  I had a few helpers to push the stroller and I thought this picture of J and Xander was so cute I had to share. I don't know that Xander really realized we were looking at animals, he just had a fun time being outside and going for a ride.  He loves to be outside! 

During Xander's nap yesterday I started weeding outside and getting rid of some dead stuff in the flower beds.  When he woke up I wanted to keep working so I brought him outside with me.  He really wanted my hat and it gave him shade so I let him wear it for a while. He let me work for about an hour and a half, which is amazing to me! In the house he would be constantly clamoring for my attention and wanting me to play, but he was content outside on his blanket with a few toys. Too bad I can't take the washing machine and kitchen sink outside!

4 comments:

Roswitha said...

What a cute little gardener's helper! Your blogs just make my whole day....I am so glad Xander is an out-door little person...Did not know you had a zoon in Idaho Falls?

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of him in your hat. We miss you guys.

Emily said...

I would agree about the kitchen sink and washing machine. Crew wants attention all the time.

christine said...

ditto on the hat--very summer.