
First Fall in the Snow

Trying to pick up that darn thermostat!

And totally unrelated to snow, but I made my first batch of caramels! I usually take them off the stove a little too early, but this year they are just right! A couple of things I thought I would pass along are: butter the pan really well, concentrate on the center, then spray Pam (or a similar nonstick spray) on top of that, I only had a couple of sticky spots; rub your knife through butter (just enough to lightly coat it) and it cuts them very smoothly; and lastly, I got 194 caramels from one batch. I do cut them fairly small, just enough to pop in your mouth. There are so many sweets during the holidays I figure that if someone wants more than just a bite they can have two! Aren't they pretty?
6 comments:
He looks so happy!
Kids & snow are fun. Wow, that's a ton of caramels!! Yes, they ARE beautiful!!
I need to find some snow clothes for Sienna! We are going to my fam's cabin right after Christmas. but maybe she's a little young for snow?
Xander is so adorable! It almost makes me miss the snow! Your caramels look great! I actually use parchment paper now instead of butter. After they harden you can either cut them in the pan or pull the whole thing out with the parchment paper. No stick! I usually put mine on a cutting board and cut them all out (or really, I have Eric do it while I wrap)! Anyway, they look fabulous and I'm going to make more today because yours look so good!
Oh, will you pretty, pretty please post your caramel recipe? I'm such a sucker for anything caramel!!!
The caramels look awesome i am now craving some. I think I need to get that recipe from Mom.
Post a Comment