Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone. We have had a lovely day so far. Mostly doing a whole lot of nothing! It's nice to have time to reflect on Christ and the reason that we celebrate Christmas.  I'm very grateful that the Savior chose to come here to earth and provide a way for me to have eternal life.  We are feeling very blessed this year with our cute little man, a steady job, and good health. But, we are missing our family on this special holiday.

This wasn't taken today, but I thought it was very funny. Xander came to me with my scarf box and wanted me to put them on him. He walked around for quite a while with three scarves on until he wanted to eat and then they got in the way. 
Here is Xander eating his very first chocolate Santa. He is such a chocolate boy! Thanks Grandma!
Here are the new stockings, they are empty and not hanging, but I didn't dare use our stocking hangers for fear Xander would pull them down on his head.
Here is the tree with presents, Xander actually left them alone for a few days. 
Xander helped daddy open his presents too, and ended up with a new hat!
A new hiding place for Xander to play. We thought since he likes forts so much we would try getting him a tent so we don't have to hang blankets up all the time.
I got a new soft robe and Xander is looking quite dapper in his new vest and hat.
Here is Xander in his new shirt and vest. I can't wait to see how all of his cousins look in theirs.
I also got a wonderful sewing machine from my parents. I can't wait to hem some pants, or make a blanket or something.  I also received one of my favorite gifts ever from Francois' parents, money to buy whatever I want! We are grateful for all of our presents and for all of the well wishes of our family and friends. We hope that you have all had a wonderful day as well and that the rest of your holidays bring much joy!.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a great day! I love the hat and vest Xander is wearing :)

christine said...

Glad you had a great day. A sewing machine sounds wonderful!

Heidi Parson said...

Looks like you had an awesome Christmas!! I'm jelous you got a new sewing machine I still use the one my mom used when I was growing up. But, It's done what I need thus far!

Tiffany B said...

He is just so darling. I enjoy seeing him on Sudays. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

Tiffany B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.