Francois and I finally got our IKEA purchases put together yesterday and put up in the hallway. We loved the cute dragonfly hooks that were there, but it seemed like between keys, coats, hats, and purses there just wasn't enough space for it all. We were just intending to get a bench, but we had to have the shelf too. The bench is the perfect size and Xander is already having fun pulling the pad off. It has a shelf underneath so our shoes won't clutter up the floor, but it's not a solid shelf so our heat vent can still get air through. I would like to cute it up a little with some baskets in the cubby's and maybe a different fabric on the pad, but for now it works just like we want it to. Francois and I both keep stopping in the hallway to look and admire our new stuff. Yesterday we also went to Perkin's for dinner (not a fancy place if you're not familiar with it), and we got the Chocolate Silk pie for dessert. Wow was it good! I usually don't get dessert, but we brought it home and had it after Xander was in bed. I'll be tempted to get it every time I go there now. Hooray for chocolate and pie!

Here's another video of Xander. I just love my new camera because it's super easy to take short video's and upload them to the computer. Xander is always pretending to talk on the phone. Here you can see him with his cell phone (it's an old one that I still have chargers for but doesn't get service so it makes noises and pictures without the worry of texting or calling anyone; it also survived him throwing it in a full glass of water!). Daddy is his favorite person to call!
3 comments:
I agree---horray for chocolate & pie!
Love the bench and shelf!
Just make sure he doesn't dial 911, even without service cell phones can still call 911. fyi
Post a Comment