Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shoepeg Corn Salad

Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law Roswitha I have this recipe and brought it to our fun enrichment party today. It was so fun to see everyone and even though I didn't get to talk to everyone it was so exciting to have so many people there. Thanks Emily for letting us hang at your house and for giving me a swim diaper for Xander, he had so much fun in the water! Here is the recipe for the salad:

Mix together:
1 package dry Italian Salad Dressing
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp water

Add:
1 can white Shoepeg corn (you can find this with the canned corn)
1 can drained black beans
2 tomatoes, chopped
Red or green onions

Then just before serving add 1-2 ripe avocados, chopped. 

Good as a salad or served as a salsa with tortilla chips.  

5 comments:

Roswitha said...

I hope they liked the salsa...It's so good, I can almost eat the whole recipe by myself...and it is healthy.

Shelly B. said...

Mmmm. That was so good! Thanks for bringing it. I am happy to have the recipe!

Emily said...

Lori
That was so yummy and really was a hit yesterday. Thanks for putting so much effort and bringing all the salsa and mini pies and lemonade. You did way to much by yourself. Thanks for the recipe. I am going to make that very soon!

christine said...

never heard of this kind of corn---sounds yummy though. :)

The Kelly Family said...

i've never heard of this, but will defiantly try it!