Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July


We had a great fourth of July with our family. We saw the parade in Riverdale with Grandma Rosie, Aunt Michele, Dylan, and Austin. Xander was dancing to the music and having a good time. The weather was not nearly as hot as predicted which was wonderful! Then, Francois and I went to the park with Grandpa, Grandma, and the boys while Michele stayed home with Xander who was supposed to be taking a nap, but really just wanted to play. Thanks Michele for watching him despite your sprained ankle!   Here are a few pictures from the parade that morning.

Then we went to my parents house for a barbecue with Grandpa, Grandma, cousins Nate, Maya, Randi, and Ella. My sister-in-law Raini broke her ankle last weekend so she ended up having surgery on Thursday so she and my brother Jay weren't there. She now is the proud owner of a plate and 7 screws in her ankle, she is one brave woman! My sister Christina came over later and played and won Xander's heart because she let him play with her cell phone.  We call this our crying holiday because Xander had a hard time being held by anyone but me when I was around. It's nice to be loved.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I am glad you had a good time and traveled safe!

The Kelly Family said...

Hey Lori! I don't know if you remember us but i was in the YW pres with you in Maryland Heights, MO. Your little one is so handsome!! Hopefully you remember us! Nikki Kelly

Tricia said...

I am glad y'all had fun. I am pretending that that is me instead of Christina in the picture so I feel less homesick. Love ya!