Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Alexander's Stats

My silly boy now weighs a whopping 21 pounds 12 ounces. Putting him in the 14th percentile for weight. But he is 31 1/2 inches tall which is around the 60th percentile. He isn't fond of milk, but the doctor told me to try milkshakes (he does like ice cream). He said that the extra calories in the day will be ok. Yes, but will they be ok for me? Because you know I can't make one for Xander and not have a little taste! He is healthy and doing all the troublemaker things that fifteen month old boys do.  I laughed when the doctor asked if he was throwing things. I guess I didn't really realize that was a milestone they checked on, but Xander is definitely into throwing stuff. Balls, cups, food, paper, anything he gets his cute little hands on.  I feel like I am constantly on pick up duty, but I'm just grateful that he's happy and healthy and he does help me pick up sometimes.  He's starting to say more words. Dada, mama, shh, no, didit (I say "you did it!" a lot and he's picked up on it, but it sounds like one word coming out of his mouth), and he makes silly sounds all the time.  He's pure joy in our home and we feel very blessed to have him in our family. 
Oh, and don't miss the drool coming out of his mouth in this picture! I know he'll stop teething one day. He's got his first canine coming through anytime now (maybe tonight I'll remember the Tylenol before I put him in bed; Sunday night was a 5 times wake up night, ugh!).  But the good news is that 3 of his 4 molars are all the way through and that fourth one is slowly descending (it was the second one to erupt, but the last one to complete the descent).

4 comments:

Skylette said...

Don't you just love that throwing stage!? I remember holding Luke when he was roughly 2 years old and he caught hold of our family picture hanging on the wall and literally chucked it down the stairs in a sweeping motion! Just wait!! :)

Emily said...

He is one cute boy! He is talking a lot more than Crew. I need to take Crew's binkie away so he will start saying words. I just love watching Xander and Crew during church :)

Tricia said...

Go RAMS! Give that skinny boy a kiss from us!

Amber said...

Oh cute Xander boy! He is such a fun little guy.