So, I know that softball and chocolate aren't necessarily things that go together, but I am combining them in this post. I'll tie it all together later, I promise. Francois and I had our first softball game Tuesday night. It was lovely, if you like flying dust, rain, cold, and losing. I'll just say that our team needs some practice, but we have potential. You can see by our shoes after the game that it was dirty. Francois was playing infield (shortstop) so his are dirtier than mine which just got to run around in the outfield trying to guess where that ball was going to land. We both actually hit the ball, which is good, but neither of us scored any runs. We could see the storm coming when we started the game, the wind picked up shortly after, and the rain came around the third inning. The temperature dropped pretty quickly and we were both wearing shorts and short sleeves with no jackets or hoodies to be found. We were both so happy to come home, take a hot bath (mine occurring after I put Xander to bed), and have a little warm chocolate cake. You had to know the chocolate was coming. I haven't had the Sam's club chocolate cake since before I stopped eating dairy. And now that dairy is back in my diet I can't believe it's taken me this long to buy chocolate cake. If you haven't ever had this particular chocolate cake you are missing out, although it's best warmed up just a little bit. So, the moral of the story is, softball takes practice and chocolate goes with everything!Thursday, May 22, 2008
Softball and Chocolate
So, I know that softball and chocolate aren't necessarily things that go together, but I am combining them in this post. I'll tie it all together later, I promise. Francois and I had our first softball game Tuesday night. It was lovely, if you like flying dust, rain, cold, and losing. I'll just say that our team needs some practice, but we have potential. You can see by our shoes after the game that it was dirty. Francois was playing infield (shortstop) so his are dirtier than mine which just got to run around in the outfield trying to guess where that ball was going to land. We both actually hit the ball, which is good, but neither of us scored any runs. We could see the storm coming when we started the game, the wind picked up shortly after, and the rain came around the third inning. The temperature dropped pretty quickly and we were both wearing shorts and short sleeves with no jackets or hoodies to be found. We were both so happy to come home, take a hot bath (mine occurring after I put Xander to bed), and have a little warm chocolate cake. You had to know the chocolate was coming. I haven't had the Sam's club chocolate cake since before I stopped eating dairy. And now that dairy is back in my diet I can't believe it's taken me this long to buy chocolate cake. If you haven't ever had this particular chocolate cake you are missing out, although it's best warmed up just a little bit. So, the moral of the story is, softball takes practice and chocolate goes with everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks yummy! Haven't tried it YET.
Post a Comment