Thursday, May 29, 2008

Old Memories


So, remember the post about our beautiful shelves? We are now trying to go through our plastic bins in the basement to clean out and get rid of stuff we really don't want to keep, so that we can have everything organized in the garage on the new shelves. I love doing stuff like this because you always find things that you forgot you had, and things that bring up fun memories. Like the notebook I found from our honeymoon. We listed everything we spent money on during the trip. Man we were poor back then! I thought it would be fun to share:

Honeymoon Expenses
  1. gas & ice - $9.36
  2. gas - $10.10
  3. food - $6.35
  4. dinner - $6.50
  5. groceries - $9.63
  6. hotel - $82.50
  7. hotel - $82.50
  8. clothes - $46.59
  9. stones - $3.12
  10. Chinese - $10.00
  11. food - $4.91
  12. hotel $43.95
  13. gas - $8.70
  14. mug - $21.00
  15. keychain - $5.00
  16. observation - $10.00
  17. coolant - $9.50
  18. lunch (McDon) - $6.50
  19. ice cream - $5.50
  20. roller coaster - $10.00
  21. dinner - $8.30
  22. gas - $5.95
  23. breakfast - $17.00
  24. gas - $10.29
Total cost $445.35

So, how I long for the days when we could fill up our gas tank for around $10. I am astounded that we spent $21 (#14) on a mug, granted it is the great mug where we put our heads into a picture and I am a babe in a bikini and Francois has great hair and big muscles (although he really did have those at the time); but $21 WOW! We will celebrate our 11th anniversary next Friday so it was fun to look back and see the things that I saved from way back then!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow! That is fun to read. I found an old check register a while back from our college days and I was amazed by what little we lived on too. We have come a long way...and so has gas prices!