Monday, March 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Brownies

This is my favorite brownie recipe. I like my brownies kind of gooey so I bake them at the low end of the time. They are so good right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream! They are rich enough that you don't need frosting and I don't usually bother with the powdered sugar. 
(Image from flickr)

Chocolate Chip Brownies

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
Powdered sugar for garnish, if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan. 

Combine sugar, butter, and water in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on high power 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips; stir gently until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in vanilla; let stand 5 minutes to cool. 

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat eggs into chocolate mixture, one at a time. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. 

Bake 25 minutes for fudgy brownies or 30 to 35 minutes for cake-like brownies. Remove pan to wire rack to cool completely. Place powdered sugar in fine-mesh strainer and sprinkle over brownies, if desired. 


4 comments:

Roswitha said...

Yum, yum! Enjoy!

Seshat said...

I have always loved this recipe since you gave it to me years ago. They are great still warm and with vanilla ice cream. Best brownies ever!!

christine said...

anything with chocolate I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

mmmm, brownies sound sooo good right now!!