A friend of mine recently asked for this recipe and I realized I haven't made it for a while. This is one of my all-time favorite things. Which is kind of weird for me because it doesn't have any chocolate in it! It's soft and sweet and one of those foods that you find yourself just munching on (which really isn't a good thing, but that's why I don't make it often). I got this recipe from a friend in Saint Louis, and I bless her name every time I make it. Thanks Nicole!Honey Popcorn
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup butter
3 bags natural microwave popcorn (or if you are popping in a popper, I usually do 3 batches of 1/3 cup of kernels). A tip to avoid hard kernels in your popcorn is to dump it into a bowl and then transfer popped corn by hand to another bowl leaving all those hard kernels behind.
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until the soft boil stage (I never test it, I just set the timer for 5 minutes and call it good). Remove from heat, add butter, and pour over popcorn.
5 comments:
Just about the time I decide to go on a serious diet, you post another scrumptious recipe....Thanks a bunch...will have to try it.....
Um, whipping cream? I am so making this! YUM!
Mmmmm. My mouth is watering with good memories.
I am a popcorn junkie. I will have to make this! Thanks.
Thanks for sending me the recipe, and now that you posted it, I'll never lose it again :-)
I've made this twice now, and tonight I forgot to add the butter (I was distracted because my "heat resistant" spatula started melting!). I remembered after pouring the mix into the popcorn, so too late to fix. I have to say that this is even good without the butter--no one else has even noticed the difference!
Post a Comment