Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blessings

  • I finally bought my camera! It's supposed to arrive tomorrow so I will try to take pics as soon as I figure it out.  I got the Nikon D90, even though I had intended to get the D80. I won't go into all my reasons here, but basically I decide I want something and then Francois talks me into buying the next step up.  He always spoils me and I end up with nicer things because of him. I am a Dollar store girl at heart and he always has to convince me that sometimes quality costs more.
  • A clean fridge (and a happy husband). It's been building up for about a month and I couldn't put new leftovers in there because there wasn't room! Trust me, it was gross!
  • Our new Sunday School class.  I think I'll come out of church emotionally exhausted each week, but it's good for me.  It's the Marriage and Family relations class and today we listed some of the things we would miss about our spouse if they weren't around (at least that's what I did, sometimes I miss all of the instructions because Xander grabs my attention). Anyway, it struck me more than if we were listing things we love about our spouse. My life and my happiness seem to be very entwined with Francois being a part of everything.
  • My car, I hit 90,000 miles recently and we've had the Blazer for eight and a half years now. We have minor repairs now and then and it's not in perfect condition, but it gets me where I need (and want) to go and is reliable and safe. 
  • Alexander is growing and learning so quickly right now.  I've been able to get more dairy into him and he's gained almost a pound since his dr visit a month ago. I haven't measured his height, but he seems to be getting taller too. He's saying new words, getting into more trouble, and he's such a happy boy most of the time. He's really loving his daddy right now and it frequently brings tears to my eyes to see them playing and cuddling, or hear their laughter as they have fun together.  
  • Our taxes are done, our refunds in the bank (and partly spent). Hooray!
  • Life is sweet and good and I feel extremely blessed right now. 

5 comments:

christine said...

jealous about your camera. I don't have a digital SLR, but one that's close to it.

You do deserve nice things. Quality is actually cheaper in the long run as well!

Roswitha said...

I am anxious to see new pics with your new camera...I am getting a standalone bike on Wednesday....Maybe I can bring my bloodpressure down a little.
I love this little family!

Emily said...

I am still learning how to use my camera. Lets get together and play with our cameras once yours comes and Crew and Xander can play.

Amber said...

Great list! I heard about the new Sunday school class & really want to take it. Clint teaches sunday school so I wish they'd have someone teach for him during the course so we could take it together.

Anonymous said...

don't know where i've been, but i didn't know about the class- sounds good. congrats on the new camera!