Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blessings, etc......

So, I'm a total slacker and haven't posted for two whole weeks! Sorry about that. I've been consumed with starting to help plan a family (my parents, siblings, kids, etc.) trip to Disney World next year. I always go overboard, just ask my sister about the crazy spreadsheet I created to compare costs, but I now know a ton more about Disney World and Orlando than I did before! If you've been and have any tips please, please leave me a comment! And I was also doing research about potty-training. No, your eyes are not deceiving you I said potty-training. Xander had started to show interest and he actually went on his little potty 3 times, so I toyed with the idea, but I'm just not ready yet! If he is still interested when it gets warmer I will take the potty outside to try to keep the inside accidents to a minimum (we have way too much carpet). But he's so little that I can't find training pants that will fit him (but I can find underwear, which makes no sense to me; have you seen the toddler boxer briefs, super cute!) and after looking online there are a lot of options, but I have to decide I really want to do this before I buy something. So, that is what has taken up my computer time lately, leaving no time to blog or play on facebook. Now, on to the blessings!
  • An opportunity to see my Grandma, she's an amazing woman and someday maybe I can accomplish half of what she does in a day.
  • I got up late, but Francois took charge of Xander and we actually made it to church early today!
  • The amazing blessing of being a mother, every day I am thankful for the chance that I have to be a part of this sweet, amazing (and frustrating at times) child's life.
  • The wonderful mothers and women that I have in my life. I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but I am grateful and thankful for my good fortune.
  • My mom, she was the first face I sought for in a crowd (at dance recitals; band, choir, and orchestra concerts; musicals; even high school sports to see me cheer; and school elections, which I never won) growing up because I knew she would always be there. I thought I could do anything because that's what she taught me to think. She has always been my advocate and you'd think I was perfect if you ever heard her talk about me. Thanks mom, I love you!
  • My mom by marriage, who is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She's taught me a lot in the last twelve years (a lot of my favorite recipes are from her) and she always has chocolate waiting for me when we visit. Thanks Roswitha for welcoming me into your family and always making me feel loved, I love you!
  • Life, love, and snuggles.

3 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

What a wonderful list of blessings. I really enjoyed reading them!!

Roswitha said...

You are one of my biggest blessings, Lori....and such a breath of fresh air....Love you too.

Tricia said...

For the record, your spreadsheet is awesome. We have really enjoyed playing with it. You are an awesome mom and I'm glad your my big sister! Love you!