Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hope

I've been feeling very hopeful lately. In the many years that we waited to have a child I relied a lot on hope and faith. I find that it's been a great blessing in my life to continue to hope. In the June Ensign I was reading an article entitled "Hope: The Misunderstood Sister" by Larry Hiller and there was a poem that touched my heart and I wanted to share it (it's not available online yet or I would provide a link.
Walking With Two Sisters
Larry Hiller

Faith walks before me,
Holding up her lamp
As I try not to stumble in the ink-
dark hours before the dawn.
Her light illuminates
One step and then another.
Beside me, Hope, arm linked
with mine, encourages and steadies.
Sometimes in the tedium,
Distracted by the pain,
My mind begins to wander, then
my feet. I hesitate.
Unsure, I look to Hope.
Her hand takes mine.
The touch reminds me of another
hand held out to me,
One pierced and scarred
Yet oh so tender
Lifting me and blessing me when
I had fallen and despaired.
Remembering,
I move ahead
Buoyed up by Hope, who sees
the end with perfect clarity.

2 comments:

christine said...

I needed this poem today, thank you.

Tricia said...

It's beautiful. I love that you already have a favorite article in the June Ensign and mine is still wrapped in plastic. Thanks for the good example. Love you!