Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today..

We sang How Great Thou Art in sacrament meeting today, and somehow halfway through the song I realized it was the first time I had sung that song since I sang it with my sisters at my Grandpa's funeral. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought about my grandpa and really payed attention to the words of the last verse.

"When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. Then I shall bow, with humble adoration, and there proclaim, My God, How Great Thou Art.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee. How Great Thou Art, How Great Thou Art."

How grateful I am for knowledge of my Savior, who makes my return home possible where I can see all my loved ones who have passed on before me.

I've been struggling lately with something and I was given a reminder today of where I need to put my worries.  
Proverbs 3: 5-6
5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

It's amazing to me how quickly I can forget that and try to rely only on myself, which never works well.  I needed this day right now, amazing how that happens, right?  It was a good day.

3 comments:

christine said...

I love when the universe sends us little messages of comfort.

Lots of love to you.

christine
xoxo

Emily said...

Thanks for the perfect reminder!

Roswitha said...

It always works out when we put our trust in the Lord.....Then it is also always a "good day".