Monday, October 18, 2010

Chocolate Bouchon

Image from www.cookwithtom.com
There is a boy, his name is Tom. He used to live two houses down, and now he is a chef. How amazing! I am not the best at cooking and baking, but I love creating things and being able to say, "I made that!" So, I tried a recipe today that he posted and I just couldn't resist. Chocolate Bouchon, doesn't the name alone make you salivate? Well, I didn't have the right pan so they are a little shorter and a little fatter than Tom's, but delicious just the same. So, thank you boy named Tom for sharing your talent! Check out his website and peruse the deliciousness there!



6 comments:

Roswitha said...

YOu are become such a gourmet pastry chef.....keep up the good work.....Did it taste as good as it looks?

Lori Ann said...

Rosie, they are really good. However, a little on the dark side, which I like. I'm not sure that it's a kid's dessert, but probably if you added frosting they would gobble it up!

christine said...

These remind me of chocolate fondants....divine.

Tiffany said...

Oh Lori, that looks so good but yeah I don't have a popover pan either so what did you use just a muffin pan? I totally want to make them are they special enough for my birthday? I don't usually eat treats so I try to have something especially yummy for that.

Lori Ann said...

Tiffany, I used a large cupcake pan. The dimensions are 3.5 inches wide and 3 inches deep. You could probably use a regular muffin pan, but you would want to possibly cut the cooking time. Are they special enough for your birthday? It depends on what you like. This is a dense, rich, dark chocolate dessert. If that's your favorite, then make this. If you like a sweeter, moister chocolate I would do the chocolate cake recipe I posted back in September with your favorite frosting or glaze. Good luck deciding!
http://xanderandfam.blogspot.com/2010/09/worlds-best-chocolate-cake.html

The Desiree said...

Love the new Header! Once again I am drooling, and once again you know I don't have the skill level to even start making it. Miss you!