Friday, September 11, 2009

Xander, Elmo, and my cool new Bell blocker

Xander and I made a quick trip to Utah last week for my mom's birthday. Thursday we surprised her at the school where she teaches with a balloon and hugs. And then on Saturday she watched Xander for me so I could go get my hair cut and visit with friends (thanks mom!). While we were there we made a trip to Kid to Kid where Grandpa Joe and Grandma Rosie found Xander a big stuffed Elmo. Elmo now does a lot of things with Xander, they watch Sesame Street together, they play together, they get on the computer together, and they sleep together.
Elmo on one side and Mr. Brown on the other.
The other day we came across this battery powered jeep at the DI. Xander hopped in and refused to get out. So, I bought it with the hope that now he will leave our neighbor's little car alone and it's worked beautifully! We cleaned it up this morning and made it look nice again. It had cobwebs and dirt and black stuff all over. I should have taken a before and after shot because it was really gross. I'm still waiting for the battery charger to come (it didn't come with one and I had to order it online, but it finally lost power this morning and he still sat in it and played for thirty minutes afterward!), so if anyone has a Power Wheels charger for the green battery that we could borrow let me know!
Crazy driver with crazy hair!
And finally my new saver of naptime! I found this online and ordered one last week. It's called the bell blocker. You put it over your doorbell and it has a little door that you put down when you don't want people to ring the bell (see the pictures below). Xander is a light napper, and the doorbell always wakes him up and then I get frustrated and he is tired and grumpy. I did attach it using mounting tape rather than the screws it comes with because I didn't want holes in my siding, but the screws probably would make it more secure. So far it seems to be doing it's job! You can buy it at

No comments: