These first two pictures are from a few days ago. We picked up some reindeer antlers at the Dollar Store and here are my cute little reindeer.
I love Alexander's face, that boy is just full of happy sometimes!
Sebastian wouldn't leave them on, you can see Alexander in the background hiding because he put them on, hid, and I snapped the picture. You can see that Sebastian is seconds away from taking it off of his head.
A big mess....
I love Alexander's face, that boy is just full of happy sometimes!
Sebastian wouldn't leave them on, you can see Alexander in the background hiding because he put them on, hid, and I snapped the picture. You can see that Sebastian is seconds away from taking it off of his head.
Despite being sick today Alexander really, really wanted to make cookies. Our cute neighbors gave us a bucket of cookie cutters and he has just been itching to use them. For anyone who does not know, I do not like sugar cookies (or Root Beer Floats, I know unAmerican, what are you gonna do?). We have made them before, but I thought we would try something different today. I found a recipe for chocolate dough that you can use to make cut out cookies.
Two and a half hours.....
A big mess....
Much creativity....
And one happy boy later.......
We have cookies!
Sebastian liked them, he ate two small ones and then just licked the frosting off the third. Yes, I am that awesome I gave my one year old 3 cookies!
The whole shebang (minus a few that were eaten, see above picture)! We even made a plate for Santa, check! I bet you can't tell which ones I did and which ones Alexander did! He did really well with the frosting, and well I'm really not very good at decorating cookies. Although, I will give you a hint, his have a lot of m&m's and chocolate chips on them. The wreath with the alternating chocolate and green mint chips was delicious (Alexander made that one just for me!). We have Christmas ones, dinosaurs, ice cream cones, an umbrella, lots and lots of different choices!
All of our many cookie cutters used!
I will admit, I hated the cutting of the cookies, rolling out the dough, cutting out, re-rolling dough. Helping Alexander so his didn't fall apart on the way to the cookie sheet. He cut some freehand with a knife, silly boy. And at five he has no concept of putting the cookie cutters close together so he kept cutting things out right in the middle of the newly rolled out dough so we had to get really creative. I really could have done without that step. But after they were cooked we had a great time decorating them. It was a long process, but hey we weren't doing anything else today. We probably won't share them though as everyone in our house has a cold. Cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I guess!
Hope you have a fabulous Christmas Eve tomorrow!









No comments:
Post a Comment