A very, very sad (I have cried more than once sad) thing happened when we were in Utah for Thanksgiving. I dropped my beautiful, wonderful camera on the tile floor at Union Station. The battery door broke off (Francois, my knight in shining armor went and got some tape from the gift shop to tape it closed) and my lens broke (seriously it rattles now and lenses are not supposed to make that sound). I only had one lens so I tested it a little and we ended up taking some pictures anyway. The auto focus wouldn't work (and I have never even played with the manual focus before) and there were some issues with the amount of light it was letting in, so about half the pictures are unusable. But here are a few of the ones that were ok. They aren't all edited, but you get the idea. I really wanted to get some pictures while I was pregnant (that's the new trend you know, maternity pictures!), and I'm not 100% happy with my outfit, but it's all good. I am 35 weeks (almost 36) pregnant in these (normal pregnancy is 40 weeks), just for a frame of reference. If I could go back in time, I would have had some professional photos done because it would have been cheaper than replacing my lens! Our schedule was just unpredictable and I wasn't sure when to schedule a shoot, so I opted to try to do them myself. Francois' parents had come along to help keep Alexander's attention where we wanted it and everyone was very patient with me in my craziness. So, I am getting a new lens for Christmas and the fabulous news is that the camera itself is ok (other than the battery door, which I was able to order for $4).
Three generations of silly boys!
This picture is before the broken lens at our delicious (as always) Thanksgiving meal. You can't see the table that well, but Francois' mom always decorates it so cute.
This one is probably my favorite from our shoot, the pose was all Francois' idea. I played with it tonight and turned it into a 4x6 photo (cheaper than having it printed as a card) to use on our neighbor Christmas gifts. I really want to take pictures after the baby is born and send out Holiday cards with all of us rather than a Christmas card without the baby (and no he doesn't have a name yet, poor boy). So, if you usually get a Christmas card from us, be patient because it will be a little late this year!
We did spend some time with my family, and I have some more pictures but this is all I have the energy for tonight. I will try to do another post with some of the casual family time pictures tomorrow.








1 comment:
OH soo cute! I am jealous of how great you look!
I can't believe how big Xander is. I will try to call you!
Post a Comment