A friend recently posted a link to a blog post that made me stop and think for a moment. I read it and thought back a few years to the time before we had Xander, the sweet boy who made me a mother, and thought of the tears that I shed and the heartache and hope that I had back then. I loved Mother's Day then because I was able to celebrate the mothers in my life, and all the children that I was able to mother; but I love Mother's Day even more now because I have the greatest blessing to be a mother every day all day. I love the hugs, the snuggles, the moments to read and learn and play, the times when his little hand slips into mine as we walk down the street; the recent moments when he just looks at me and says, "I love you mom", I love his excitement when I come home, I love his eagerness to help and to be a good boy, I love the moments when his independence shines through and he wants to do something alone. I love my boy and love being his mother. Tonight when I tucked him into bed I thanked him for making me a mommy, and he said we needed to thank Jesus for that. Then he said he was thankful Jesus sent me and his dad to him. So sweet, and I love that he remembers where our blessings come from. This was, however after he had just used nonsense words to say his prayer, he's not perfect!
So, I am thankful to be a mom. I am thankful for a mother who showed me how to mother, and for a mother-in-law who mothered her son to be the man that he is. They both show me how to serve and love my family, and as I watch them I am grateful my son has them as grandmothers. He loves to visit them, and he is so sad every time we have to come home. Happy Mother's Day to all of you who read my blog, I hope you had the best day, I certainly did.
3 comments:
So well said, Lori...You are the best Mom ever, and I thank God daily for having you being the mother of our sweet little boy.....you are an example to me...
You're such a great mom! I had a great day too.
That was the sweetest post! I am happy you are a mother, I knew you'd be a terrific one.
Post a Comment