Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun and water....

So we've had some fun and some not so fun. My sister, who right now lives too far away, was in Utah for a visit so we went to join the fun. We played and played and were sad when it was time to say goodbye.
 (Ok that picture wasn't when they left. Xander had a rough time and did way too much crying during this trip. Don't ask me why, tired, having to share, separation anxiety........)

But, he did have fun with his cousins most of the time. 
I will post more pictures of our trip later.
Meanwhile......
Francois went down to help his dad paint and put up some shelves in the garage. So, our house was empty for five days. While we were gone the water hose to our fridge was pouring water into our house for at least three days. It was a week ago that he arrived home to a water logged house and we are now in the process of cleanup. I don't have any pictures of the house at this point (I just got back yesterday), but it's pretty sad. There is one room on the main floor and one room in the basement that don't need new carpet. We were blessed to not have many personal items ruined, just a lot of flooring and drywall. We are thankful for professionals who can do the cleanup and for insurance that pays for it!

4 comments:

Emily said...

HOw stressful! I am so sorry Lori.

Tricia said...

We miss you so much. I'm so sorry all the floors are ruined. Silver lining: you get new carpet! I hope they finish it all soon!

Jen said...

Oh I am so sorry, that is a fear of mine ! I hear more horror stories from those dang things leaking. Good luck in the clean up process >

Amber said...

So, this post is kinda old, but I am so sorry! What an ordeal. Hope it's getting fixed fast.