Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Day!

I think Xander had his happiest day ever yesterday, and the smile was still on his face this morning. Francois was looking at Power Wheels cars online and came across a Lightning McQueen car. Xander saw it and wouldn't stop talking about it and asking for it. So, like the nice daddy he is Francois went to the store to check it out. The whole time he was gone Xander kept asking about daddy and the store and his Lightning McQueen to race. I tried to keep his expectations low in case they didn't have one or Francois decided it was just too much. But, Francois brought one home in a box and I don't think Xander's face has ever expressed such pure joy. He said "Oh, my gosh!" and we wish we would have had the video camera on. The battery is still charging so he can't drive it yet, but he sat in it and "drove" last night, McQueen slept by him, and now he's upstairs watching Sesame Street in him. When I heard Xander talking this morning I went to check on him and he was just sitting next to McQueen watching him (he was doing the same thing last night at ten o'clock, I think he was so excited he couldn't sleep). This morning he said, "Momma, I so happy."  It's never too young to teach them that stuff makes you happy right? I can't wait until we take it outside so I don't have to lug a 50 lb car around the house anymore! That will make me happy!

7 comments:

Roswitha said...

Xander, you look like a mini-racer....Are you being good now until you are 16 to deserve such a toy?

Amber said...

That is so cute! I love that he said he was so happy.

Shelly B. said...

Boys and their toys! It NEVER ends! ;)

christine said...

Wow, thats a great set of wheels!

christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

Reid said "Wow." I asked if he thought we needed to visit Aunt Lori soon and he said yes. That car is awesome! I'm so glad he loves it so much. I'm sure he'll love it for a long long time.

The Desiree said...

Lucky!