Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas!

I have been a slacker and have been having too much fun to do a blog post! But the new year has begun and I decided it was time to make time.
This picture is of the fun sugar cookie trees I tried this year. I only made a few, but Xander had lots of fun helping! I ended up with a floor full of little sugar crystals, and struggled to keep him from eating all the frosting......but we're creating memories right?


On Christmas Eve we let Xander open one present (of course I helped him pick the right one).  He found his cool Cars pillowcase Grandma Nettie made for him and his soft pajamas.  He went to bed so nicely that night!

Christmas morning he slept in until almost ten o'clock (we let him stay up until almost ten the night before though), and it was really nice to have a leisurely morning opening presents and having fun together. Here is the tree after Santa came...but before Xander got to it.

Xander is still in love with anything Cars (Disney) right now, so we got him a book with a Lightening McQueen and Mater that drive on a track inside the book.

His new tool bench with a car that he can take apart and put back together.

"Helping" Daddy put together his Little People Garage. Thanks Grandma Nettie and Grandpa Steve!

Francois' parents came for New Years and brought more presents (something Xander had been asking for since Christmas morning).  He got another Cars pillowcase and a train pillowcase (this was a good year for pillowcases and he loves them all).

He also got more trains and he's spent many hours since playing with them.

And a new Thomas the Train shirt with stars, a moon, and a train that glow in the dark.

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Roswitha said...

Looks like Xander was on Santa's "nice" list....

christine said...

I love your cookie tree.

Cars is a great flick...Xander has great taste. :)

The Desiree said...

Cute, laid back Christmas. Love the new header! It looks a little dangerous;)

Amber said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! Seems like I haven't seen ya forever, Hope you guys are doing great.