Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yet again......

...it's been too long! One day I will be a good blogger again, I hope, I promise! The blessings post got to be more tedious than a blessing, so I'm trying to figure out another way to do it. Maybe just randomly rather then every Sunday. Stay tuned to find out! Meanwhile, here are a few pictures to show you what we've been up to.

These are some of the cute little girls that live on our street. Xander loves them, and they love Xander. We had a picnic the other day and I thought he was so cute sitting and eating with all of his girlfriends that I just had to snap a shot!

These next pictures are more what I have been filling my free time with. Ha ha, free time!

My first foray into the world of self-leveling concrete. It worked pretty good, but I mixed way too much and now have a bucket of hard, heavy concrete sitting downstairs. Anyone need a really big doorstop?

I made my way all around the theater room, down the hallway, and around the bottom of the stairs doing base trim yesterday. It is all up, but the fun of filling holes, caulking seams, and painting is yet to come! The big wood things in the middle of the floor are the steps that Francois built to hold the second row of seating. They're positioned crazily because the concrete needed to dry without heavy wood on top.

The cute casing on the doors. Francois really wanted something fancy in the theater room, so fancy he got! I had never done door trim before, but it went pretty smoothly and looks pretty good now that it's done.

Again, a little fanciness going on around the windows in the theater room.

The dirty ceiling. Oh, I didn't realize how bad it was until I took this picture. Dust mop, coming soon! Other than needing cleaning, we are really pleased with how the ceiling turned out.
Ta-dah! Life at our house has been a little crazy lately trying to get all the things done so that when Francois' aunt comes to visit from Germany in September the basement won't be a construction zone anymore. Thanks to my friend, Desiree, and Francois hanging out with Xander I've been able to get quite a bit done lately. Now that this post is done, I've got holes to fill while my little man is sleeping. Happy Day!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow Lori, it looks great! I especially like the theatre style ceiling. good job!

Roswitha said...

Lori, you are one in a million and Francois better appreciate the jewel he has in you.....The room looks fantastic....Sorry that you had to spend your whole summer worrying about it....You should hire out and get paid for your work!

christine said...

wow, xander is such a ladies man! :)

Christine said...

One word...AMAZING! I can't believe you did the trim. I have to come see this in person. You are so awesome!

Tricia said...

I love that you're worried about dust. Take a break! It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see it! We are definitely going to have to make the drive when we come. Kudos to Francois for building the platforms.