Waiting for the parade.....

Riding the train....

Trampoline fun....Nate is awesome!

The cute girls (Jesssica, Randi, Ella, and Lorelai) with their popsicles....

Who's going to win, Jamie or Maya?

Now these next couple of pictures are from last week. Somehow despite not sewing much over the last many, many years I thought that making a diaper bag and wipes/diaper holder for my friend's baby shower would be fun (I've made a purse, I can do anything, right?). I found free patterns online, bought the fabric (the day before the shower), and went to work. I had various issues because the diaper bag pattern was pretty basic and of course I needed to make it better (add a lining with a pocket, change the strap design, etc., and then I ran out of thread while Xander was napping and had to wait for him to wake up to go get more!). And I decided to make a changing pad to go in the wipes, diaper holder and I've never sewn on vinyl before (a hint - use paper, any paper, over the vinyl, it rips right off and your machine won't get stuck on the vinyl). The bag was a little bigger than I had anticipated but I think it turned out cute and it can be the bag she uses when she needs to take everything (like to church)! I was supposed to be at the restaurant at 6:30, and I took my foot off of the machine peddle at 6:26 (she let me bring it home to slipstitch the opening inside closed). Shelly, I love you and if you never, ever want to use the bag you can sell it on Ebay and buy something you really want! On to the pictures......
The bag and wipes/diaper holder......
The bag and wipes/diaper holder......
But despite all the craziness I would totally do it again (I made a diaper bag, people, how cool is that!), and if you want me to make one for you let me know and I'll tell you how much fabric to get (because picking fabric for someone else stresses me out bigtime!). Sorry for the forever long post, I hope you enjoyed it!



6 comments:
Lori! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag so dang much I would NEVER sell it on ebay, you silly girl! In fact, I am planning to take it to the hospital with me...some stuff is actually already packed! I LOVE it!
Lori, you are becoming such a Pro...Watch out, soon you will be opening a purse business!
I love the bag...it is so cute!
You are so talented.
THANK YOU for posting pictures! My kids disappeared and I am so glad to see they were having fun! The diaper bag is AWESOME and I totally want you to make me the wipes/diaper holder and changing pad. You have mad homemaker skills. The cupcakes look awesome too. I love those!
So cute! You're making me want to use my sewing machine!
Post a Comment