Tuesday, November 19, 2013

THE Cruise

We had something amazing happen almost a year ago. We won a Caribbean cruise for two. Francois' company gives away 3 grand prizes at their Christmas party every year. Francois' name was the last one called. Because Sebastian had just barely turned one, we needed to get passports, arrange for child care, etc we decided to wait until the end of the year to take the cruise. Francois' parents were kind enough to watch the boys (and we came home to two happy boys who had a great time with grandma and grandpa), my parents gave us rides to the airport; and we went off for our first trip without kids since we became parents. I took a ton of pictures and I really tried to narrow it down, but there are still a ton of photos I'm posting. We had a fabulous time and I would highly recommend a cruise to anyone wanting a relaxing vacation.

Waiting to get on the boat. 

The piazza on the boat. It was so beautiful! The finishes were stunning!

Exploring the boat before we left Fort Lauderdale. 

Hanging out on our balcony while pulling away from the dock. 

Ready for some fun!

Using our glass door off the balcony to capture a picture of the two of us. 

Enjoying the sunshine and warmth. 

The view from inside our room, that balcony was worth every penny!

Taking the little boat to Princess Cays island, our first stop. 

Which way should we go?

Princess Cays with our boat in the background. 

Getting ready to relax and lounge on the beach. Good times!

Our boat, the Royal Princess. 

Sunset over the ocean. 

Then the clouds came in and lit up. Very cool!

There were two formal nights on the cruise. This was the first one. It was fun to dress up and go to dinner and feel all fancy. 

Our second stop was at Saint Thomas. We took a tram up to Paradise Point and had a gorgeous view. Our boat is the first one on the right. 

Francois patiently waiting for me to check out the shops. He is such a nice boy. 

Francois and I up at the top overlooking the bay. 

There was a woman who brings her birds up every day and puts on multiple shows a day. I got to go up and play the shells game with a bird. It was fun!

Pulling out of Saint Thomas.

Our third stop was Saint Maarten (Dutch side)/ Saint Martin (French side). It was gorgeous here. I think this was my favorite island. 

So picturesque!

The colors were so vibrant. It was just so beautiful to explore there. 

Walking the beach in Saint Maarten.

The water was very calm. There was a floating trampoline out in the water. Awesome!

There was a sign saying for residents only. I don't know if it's a hotel or condos but it was beautiful. 

This iguana was just hanging out next to the path back to the dock. He left right after I took this picture, maybe he doesn't like to be photographed. 

Gorgeous Saint Maarten.

More Saint Maarten.

 At Orient Beach on the French side in Saint Martin. 

Francois had to get his feet on the beach picture. 

Loving the sun!

Palm trees, sunshine and a cute boy. What more could a girl ask for?

Maybe I shouldn't have included this one, but I thought it was cool. I love shadows!

Strong man!

I'm such a copycat!

I just feel like this captures how I felt in the water. It was so fun!

Hot hunk!

Sunkissed…..

Bring it on!

Wet and relaxed after playing in the ocean. 

Francois and I with the boat after our beach fun. Gotta love the frizzy hair!

One night our steward (Paula the girl who took care of our room) left us a cute elephant. 

He had on my sunglasses so I had to have a picture with him too. 

This is another cruise ship that passed us in the middle of the ocean. I was just sitting out on the balcony reading and I looked up to see another boat. 

One night we went to see a comedian in the Princess Theater. It's so amazing everything that was on the boat!

From the top of the theater. 

Our second formal night on the cruise. This was my favorite dress. It has purples and pinks in it and the colors change as it moves. I kind of wish we had gotten a better picture, but this is it! I got a really great deal on it, but had to add the sleeves because it was strapless. Luckily it came with a shawl so I could make sleeves that matched. 

With our dinner companions Carlos and Marlin. It was fun to eat with the same people and get to know them. This was the last night on the cruise. 

The captain's table in the dining room It was beautiful! The picture doesn't do it justice. 

Early morning waiting to leave the boat with one happy, relaxed Francois. 


1 comment:

The Desiree said...

Okay a couple things....
One I am super jealous
Two you look extremely hot and I am jealous
Three the pictures are gorgeous and adorable and I'm jealous.
Did I mention I was jealous?
I am so glad you guys got to go finally! Does it beat Hawaii?