Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Reunion

This weekend we went to the fabulous Andersen reunion. This has been held every year since I can remember.  It's changed a little since I was a girl, but it's still fun to go and see family and talk and laugh and play.

This is a tree house that the kids love and that terrifies me! No one has fallen out yet, so I think I'm just a little overprotective (but so is Francois so we're just crazy together).

Xander making an X with two sticks.

My two cute boys having a little snuggle.

The kids made the cutest stick horses, using socks, yarn, googly eyes, and actual sticks from the yard. They had so much fun playing with them, and I think they were the hit of the day!

Logan had to show us they are not just good for riding!

And of course there are always water balloons. Sweet Marilyn not only did most of the work with the horses, but she also spent a lot of time filling balloons. Thanks!

Another thing we always have is cute babies!

And sweet sleeping babies. Gotta love the porta potties in the background!

The trees are awesome and have these great spots to perch. If you look close you just might see the little frog in Nate's hands.

This is a random picture of a dragonfly we picked up along the way.

The fun isn't just for the kids, this is a very competitive domino game.

Scenic shot, aren't we lucky to be able to live in this beautiful world?

2 comments:

christine said...

the last pic is my favorite...I bet it was so peaceful there

The Desiree said...

I love those sock horses! That is the cutest idea.
It looks like it was totaly worth going even for the short time. Plus you got to stay in the fab. bed and breakfast.
You really do have some dang cute kids in your family!