Here are the other bag puppets we have made. Hopefully you can tell which ones I cut out!
We made some sock puppets one night after playing with just socks and deciding to embellish them. Xander took the picture of me and our friends.
Pipe cleaner fun and pet rocks.
I haven't used candy molds in a long time, but we got some candies and Xander had a lot of fun making them.
We also spelled out Xander, but Xander ate the R before I could take a picture. The eating is the best part!
Concentrating very hard on painting his wooden car. It's pinewood derby season so we have to practice early! I found a kit at Walmart with three cars in it. You get to glue them together and then paint them. It comes with everything you need and was a good afternoon activity. And we still have two more to make another day!
Cute boy with the finished product.
Xander and I started practicing for when he goes to school. This week was cow week so we made a few cow projects. Francois and I both think this looks like a pig, but it went with the purple cow poem I found and I thought it was cute!
We read Moonstruck, The True Story of the Cow Who Jumped Over The Moon and had to make a cow jumping over the moon. Xander cut out the head with only a little paper positioning help from me, and of course he had to color it his favorite color right now, green.
This was supposed to be tomorrow's craft, but I wanted to do some of the prep work on it today and we ended up just finishing it. It's made from two socks, and we used rice in it so I can stick it in the microwave and have a nice warm cow to snuggle with.
So, just this week I decided to try and do a little school at home. We plan on putting him in preschool next fall, but I wanted to get a feel for what he knows and also to help him get an idea of what to expect when he goes to school. We've been working on A this week and the day we practiced writing in sugar was Xander's favorite!
This is not a craft, but the dinner we had on St. Patrick's Day. Eggs Benedict with Asparagus. Yummy, and a little food coloring turned the sauce green in honor of the day!













4 comments:
You are the best Mom! Xander is a smart boy :)
I totally love these!!!!
The sock cow is my favorite!
You really are the best mom! I'm glad I have you as a resource in raising my own :)
Yep, I agree, amazing mom! You are so creative! I might borrow some of these ideas...( :
Post a Comment