Xander is a funny boy. He's very organized (for a three year old), he steps over puddles, he sometimes puts things away for me, you get the picture. One day he was eating an orange and he arranged it into a flower. I had to take a picture because it was so cute!
Xander made his first tracings of himself and colored it. I did the main tracing and the eyes, but the rest is a Xander original. I particularly like the curly hair, ears, and nose. He's into swirls right now.
And this morning we made dragon gloves, well one dragon glove so far. We had to go to Walmart to get more buttons for the second glove, but everything is cut out and ready to be sewn together. The idea came from my Family Fun magazine. I didn't use their template, and the colors are a little crazy (it was limited to what I had on hand) but I think it turned out cute. You can go to the link for instructions.
http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/crafts-by-type/sewing-fabric-projects/sewing-projects/dragon-gloves-973674/
When we went to Walmart to get more buttons we found this kit called the "Ultimate Fuzzy Kit" and we made some creations. We're still waiting for the glue to dry, and yes the table is still covered in sewing stuff from the dragon glove this morning, but we are making memories dang it!




3 comments:
I think you are the most patient Mom I have ever seen...you are creating so many memories for Xander...and he will be so creative and independent....You get a gold star for the "most patient Mom ever"
I love the body tracing! Looks just like him. :)
What a good mom you are! Yeah my house is a mess and it's not because I am doing anything fun with my kids!
Post a Comment