Saturday, February 20, 2010

A few treasures

A few weeks ago (yes this post is overdue) I got all of the stuff out for cereal and then left the room for some forgotten reason. When I came back I found that Xander had pulled a chair over, poured his cereal and his milk (and astoundingly had not spilled any, but that bowl is full!), and was ready to eat. He is so independent and wants to do everything himself!
We went to the DI that day and Xander found a new love ...... Dora! She still goes with us everywhere, she sleeps with him, watches Sesame Street with him, rides in the car with him.... you get the idea! Her hair is starting to get nasty looking from so much love, I guess I'll have to borrow her and fix it one day soon. And yes, he's wearing shorts and it's way too cold here for shorts, but he can get them on and off by himself and that makes potty training and life in general easier (although I still make him wear long pants if we're going outside).
I also found this cute wool coat for next winter. It was only $4 and I have a wool setting on my washer (if you can stand the smell of wet wool) so Xander will be sooo cute when he wears it. It's too big or I would have taken a picture of him in it, you'll just have to wait until next year for that!
We took the front piece off of Xander's crib so he has a big boy bed now. He's adjusted and loves his new Cars sheets and comforter. I thought I had taken a picture of the bed, but I didn't so that will have to wait for another post I guess. This picture is actually from the night before, I was curious to see if he would stay put and not get up and play. He and Dora were both good kids and were still tucked in when I went to check on them later!  Although, his first "sleep" experience in the open bed was not so great. It was naptime and he decided to pull everything off of his bookshelf (he lost all of his cars for the rest of the day and he has avoided making the same mistake again!), and he didn't actually nap that day. 
And the last picture is from this evening. We got pizza and cinna-sticks from Pizza Hut and Xander decided it was too much effort to dip the cinna-stick to get the frosting, so he just ate it with a spoon instead. Yum, Yum!
And the funny new thing from Xander is that if you ask, he will tell you that he's a big boy (he has a big boy bed, and big boy underwear so obviously he's a big boy!). Don't you dare call him a baby because he will firmly correct you! Enough about Xander already!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Can I send Crew over to get potty trained? Xander is so cute and is such a big boy :)

Roswitha said...

He is growing up too fast.....

christine said...

Wow, he seems to have grown since the last time you posted!

Cheryl said...

Boys are fun!!!

Amber said...

Can't believe he didn't spill the milk. I need to get SIenna in a big bed since she gets out of her crib anyways, but I just fear it will mean not sleeping as good. He is looking so big in some of those pics!