Thursday, November 18, 2010

Do you know....

how hard it is to make a cake like this and not eat it? Oh well, I'll just think of all the calories I saved.
And here is Xander "helping" me to make it (note the dropped egg on the floor).  Good thing I had extra eggs! And he's wearing his cute apron that Grandma Rosie made him, I have a matching one too.  My little chef in training!

5 comments:

Roswitha said...

And who gets to eat the cake? Xander looks like a professional already!

Sherrie said...

Did you donate that to Festival of Trees? I donated a cherry cheesecake, and then went and bought it from them for my kids.

The Desiree said...

Do I know? If that is a German Chocolate Cake, you know I know how hard it is not to eat it! That is my favorite! I really need some cake now!

Tricia said...

It's so funny that you made that this week! Eric asked for a German Chocolate Cake for his birthday! I told him that you made him one and doesn't it look beautiful? He just gave me a look :) It really does look delicious. I hope you at least got to eat some of the frosting.

Lori Ann said...

Yes, the cake was for Festival of Trees and I never thought of going and buying it myself! To be honest, I love German Chocolate cake but Francois isn't a fan so if I make one for me it's going to be a lot smaller than that!
And yes, I did get to taste the frosting. Xander was in bed so I got the lick the bowl clean!